Cyprus Citizenship by Investment 2019
The main changes in the Cyprus Citizenship by Investment program which will take place as of 15th May 2019 are:
- A donation of €75,000 to the Foundation for Research and Innovation to promote the creation of an entrepreneurial innovation ecosystem, an obligation that can be waived under certain conditions.
- A donation of €75,000 of the Cyprus Land Development Corporation, aiming at the contribution to the integrated housing policy, specifically for the purpose of implementing affordable housing projects and the implementation of other housing plans/measures.
- The applicant must have a Schengen visa in order to be able to apply for naturalization.
- The investment should be maintained for 5 years following the date of naturalization, instead of 3 years.
- During the 5-year period the investor will be able to change his investment, provided that consent will be granted in this regard by the Ministry of Finance;
- Where the investment relates to the purchase of real estate property or properties as well as for the purchase of the required permanent privately-owned residence, planning permission, a completion certificate, and a bank waiver will be required.
- The investment requirement for residential properties is kept at €2,000,000. Investment in other sectors is €2.500.000. Any application which includes resale property already used for a previous Citizenship application by other applicants increases the amount of investment for the New Application to €2,500,000.
- Complete abolition of investment in government bonds as an acceptable investment within the Program which will take place as of 15th May 2019.
- An applicant who has applied for the acquisition of citizenship in any other Member State of the European Union and has been rejected will not be entitled to acquire Cypriot citizenship within the framework of the Cyprus Investment Programme.
- The applicant should be in possession of a residence permit in the Republic of Cyprus for at least six (6) months prior to naturalization as a Cypriot citizen.